This Years Hants & Dorset ARA safety Meeting - on the IW on Saturday, 17th February - please see shown below - and attached - the Agenda for the Meeting plus some relevant attachments.
Hants & Dorset ARA Water Safety Meeting.
Hants & Dorset ARA Club and Event Safety Advisers and/or Club and Event Secretaries or their representatives are invited to attend a meeting of the Hants & Dorset ARA Water Safety Committee to be held at Ryde Rowing Club, Appley Park, Ryde, IW, PO33 3ND. on Saturday, 17th February, 2018 at approx 1.00pm*.
Representatives of Non-Hants & Dorset ARA affiliated Wessex West Region Clubs are also invited and are welcome to attend – but should be aware that much of the content of the meeting relates specifically to Hants & Dorset ARA Clubs.
*Prior to the meeting those attending are invited to join the Water Safety Committee members in a re-audit of the Safety procedures and facilities of the Newport, Shanklin Rowing Clubs and Ryde Rowing Clubs boathouse at the Folly and Clubhouse at Ryde. Transport between the Clubs will be provided. The formal meeting will take place at Ryde, at approximately 1.00pm after the completion of the re-audits and a break for lunch – which will be provided by Ryde.
2) Minutes of the last meeting. Note: Previously circulated – a copy can be downloaded from the Hants & Dorset ARA Web site at – www.hdara.co.uk. See downloads section.
3) Secretaries Report (Report to H&D Autumn Delegates Meeting/Wessex Region AGM) [See attached]
4) To receive a report on the British Rowing National Water Safety Committee Meetings.
5) BR Row Safe.
6) BR Club Safety Audits.
7) On Line Incident Reporting – analysis of 9th year – and stats (if available from BR).
8) Safety incidents Reported by H&D (& Wessex) Clubs in 2017 and at 2017 Hants & Dorset Events.
9) Boat Inspections - report on last seasons Inspections and plans for 2018. [See attached]
10) Regatta/Event Audits - reports on last seasons audits and plans for 2018.
11) To review Association Safety equipment including status after 2017 season. (Gary Joyce).
12) Review of availability if defibrillators at H&D Clubs & Events and need for Association owned unit.
13) Format of the Hants & Dorset Water Safety Committee.
14) Venue for 2019 Meeting.
15) Any other business.
Steve Bull. H&D ARA Association Secretary/Wessex Region RRSA. January, 2017.
Attached: Copy of the report to H&D Autumn Delegates Meeting/Wessex Region AGM.
Results and analysis of H&D Safety Committee Boat Inspections, 2017 including Life Jackets.
Additional information may be sent prior to the meeting.
In my earlier E Mail - of 6th January I asked if delegates could confirm their intention to attend or not - remembering that any Club not attending may be penalised by the Association - and their ideal port of arrival to allow us to plan the transport and catering.
I have received positive responses from -
Mark Viner, Chairman of the Safety Committee. Ideally Lymington or Cowes
Steve Lloyd-West. Southampton ARC. Cowes?
Adam Ratcliffe. BTC & H&D Safety Committee. Cowes?
Kasia Koniec. BTC. Cowes.
Mike Gisborne. Southsea & Safety Committee. Ryde.
Tom Schofield. Coalporters. Cowes?
Steve Fagan. Itchen. Cowes.
Andi Davies. Southampton. Ryde.
Gary Joyce. H&D Safety Committee. Cowes.
Steve Draper. Ryde. Resident on the IW.
Myself. RRSA & H&D Safety Committee. Resident on the Island.
and I have received one apology from Jessie Lyons at Dolphin.
So that's 11 attending at the moment, with one apology and no response, unless I have missed it from - Christchurch, Bournemouth or Poole + Shanklin and Newport - which is of some concern as these Clubs are due to be visited - and I hoped would be able to help with some of the logistics - which I am now working on and will contact you all again shortly.
Regional Rowing Safety Adviser.
Wessex Regional Rowing Council.